Check Update For WhatsApp
Helps to Update WhatsApp to latest by checking. Get notified on updates
Check Update for WhatsApp is an Android app that helps ensure that your WhatsApp app is up-to-date.
Check Update for WhatsApp is a simple Android app that has one job and does it well: ensure that the current version of your WhatsApp app matches the latest version available on the website. So why not just use Google Play as so many users do for so many apps? Well, one reason is that some simply choose not to use Google Play because it’s a resource hog. Another reason is that WhatsApp updates often, and if you rely just on Google Play, you’ll often have to wait for the latest version.
The app can be used one of two ways. You can run it manually, such as before you use the WhatsApp app. It will check your version against the server, and then, help you download the latest version if necessary. The other way to use it is to set it and forget it. You can even set how often and when this app checks your version number against the server. You can have it automatically update your app, or you can set it just to send you notifications.
Check Update for WhatsApp is a very useful and convenient app that most WhatsApp fans will want to use. It’s not without its issues. Sometimes, for instance, it’ll send false notifications and will continue to send them even though an update isn’t available or you’ve already gotten it. This tends to happen when something about the WhatsApp app has changed, and fortunately, usually gets sorted quickly.
- Ensures you have the newest WhatsApp version
- Notifies of you of new versions
- Can check on a scheduled basis
- Wonky behavior at times
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- CLEAR_APP_CACHE: Allows an application to clear the caches of all installed applications on the device.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: Allows an application to receive the ACTION_BOOT_COMPLETED that is broadcast after the system finishes booting. If you don't request this permission, you will not receive the broadcast at that time. Though holding this permission does not have any security implications, it can have a negative impact on the user experience by increasing the amount of time it takes the system to start and allowing applications to have themselves running without the user being aware of them. As such, you must explicitly declare your use of this facility to make that visible to the user.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.